The Monolith Expedition has been at sea for quite a while now; a trip lengthier than they originally expected. But it's all about to pay off for them. Off in the distance, the ship's crew has finally caught sight of land. The captain expects to make landfall within the next few days, so prepare for the quest ahead of you, explorers!
- Most Liked Content
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Most Liked Content
Posted by Nick Admin on 19 June 2013 - 09:15 PM
GameOn365's 7th Anniversary is almost upon us. On June 26th, GameOn365.net will have existed for 7 years.
Celebrations will take place on the GameOn365 Minecraft server for the entire week of June 23rd through June 30th. We'll be hosting in-game events, announcing some new features, and even adding some of those new features in over the week. Additionally, Minecraft 1.6 is scheduled to be released during the week, and we plan on updating to it as soon as we possibly can.
We'd like to thank every single one of you that's helped make this possible, and we look forward to many more great years!
Posted by Nick Admin on 19 August 2013 - 04:31 PM
The existence of a new world was recently discovered by some great explorers. They've formed the Monolith Expedition to start mass transport to and colonization of this new world, but they need your help to get there! They're currently working to build a ship, and they need your help collecting materials to build the ship and food to feed their workers. The Expedition is also collecting items that will be useful later in their voyage as well.
You can start your quest to help the Monolith Expedition by visiting the portal hub and speaking to the Monolith Scout. From there, he will guide you to the Expedition base, where you'll speak to the Supply Manager to start collecting items.
Posted by Ritalicious VIP on 10 July 2013 - 10:04 PM
As you know, with the addition of horses in the 1.6.2 and 1.6.2 update,it brings a whole new aspect to the game. I have found a way to use the horses in a racing arena. Yes a racing arena. it is currently under construction, but when finished it will be able to seat thousands (though the server can only hold 64 .-.) , be a fun way to race others on horse-back, and also proving training for you. even though the place already has a star gate, a warp on the warp list would be a big boost of popularity to the arena. We can only get the warp is there is support for a new warp. It would really help me out if you support the decision of a new warp, it will help players reach the arena and help construction finish much quicker. Feel free to show your support in the comments, it means a lot to me to know the arena has supporting minecrafters willing to help the popularity of the arena!
Posted by Codeman on 24 July 2013 - 03:28 PM
I have built a basketball court and i may add to it i intend it to be added to the star gate we will supply the balls in a dispenser upfront please support me to have my basketball court added to the star gate i thank you for all your support -Codeman515
Posted by Nick Admin on 12 June 2013 - 12:57 PM
As some of you already know, we're planning to add a shop where you can trade in emeralds for rare items and short VIP subscriptions, among other things. We'd like to gather some feedback on specific items you'd like to see in this shop. We will determine prices later, and are only interested in suggestions for limited or special commands, features, items, and permissions at this time.
So far, we plan to have at least these items available in the shop:
- Short VIP subscriptions (anywhere from 12 hours to 1 week).
- Experience bottles or levels.
- Timed mcMMO experience boosts.
- A portable crafting table command.
- Ability to repair any single item, even those that can't be repaired normally with anvils.
Additionally, we plan to switch to emeralds as a voting reward when this shop goes live. You'll be able to trade emeralds in for diamonds if you prefer them.
Posted by Nick Admin on 27 October 2014 - 09:32 PM
As you may have noticed, it's been a bit quiet at GameOn365 lately. We've been hard at work on a new Minecraft server network, PickAxis, which currently offers Survival, Creative, SkyBlock, and SkyWars, with more to come in the near future. The GameOn365 Minecraft server will remain available, though PickAxis is a new (and more active) community that you can call your home away from home.
You can connect to PickAxis using play.pickaxis.com
I hope to see you in-game both at GameOn365 and PickAxis!
Posted by Nick Admin on 19 October 2013 - 05:39 AM
During the weekend of November 2nd and 3rd, we'll be giving all players some of the VIP benefits in-game, completely free! Keep your eyes on the login news in-game to see what extra benefits you'll get when the event goes live.
We look forward to celebrating yet another Minecon with all of you!
Posted by Nick Admin on 19 October 2013 - 03:48 AM
Beginning next month, VIP subscription prices will change for all new subscribers (anyone who has not purchased a VIP subscription in the past). We'll be changing the price to $5 per month (or $27 for 6 months) to reflect the new features that have been added recently, as well as more new and exciting features that will be added through the end of this year. This change will take place on Tuesday November 5th, 2013.
Current VIP subscribers (and anyone who purchases a new VIP subscription before the change) will be unaffected, and will continue with their current pricing.
If you have any questions about this change, please contact support.
Posted by Nick Admin on 12 May 2013 - 06:30 PM
Recently, we've been able to achieve some great milestones with regards to stability of the Minecraft server. When we started this server over a year ago, daily restarts were a requirement to keep the server running smoothly. Today, we're able to achieve weeks of uptime without issue, only needing to restart for some major server-wide changes and Minecraft updates.
Over the past few days, we've been working on some major changes behind the scenes to improve server performance and stability. We've began splitting the parts of what was originally just a single Minecraft server into multiple linked servers (you may see us refer to these as nodes or realms in the future), all while keeping a seamless experience. What this means is, while technically there will be multiple Minecraft servers powering GameOn365 Minecraft, you will still be able to experience it as if it were a single server, just like you've always known it to be. You'll teleport between the servers with portals, warps, and other methods.
To start, we'll be moving the creative worlds and battlegrounds to their own linked servers. This not only allows for better server performance, but introduces a better way of keeping creative inventories separate from survival inventories, and will eliminate issues related to losing items when switching between creative and survival.
There are a few things that will still be missing initially. First off, chat will only be available with the linked server that you're currently connected to. Our top priority with this change will be getting chat messages shared across all of the linked servers. Second, you may notice that some commands only work on a specific linked server. This especially holds true for warps, which will only be usable on the server that is currently hosting the world the warp is in. If you need to switch to a different server to use a warp, you can do so with the new /server command.
For those of you who are interested in learning more about how we did this, there's a post in the VIP Lounge detailing some of the technical challenges that we faced, and how we overcame them.
Posted by Kumarin Admin on 30 January 2013 - 09:15 PM
There have been a lot of questions recently, asking how a player can become a staff member on our Minecraft server. Hopefully this will answer any questions you have!
What we look for:
Here on Gameon365 Minecraft, we have to be able to trust our staff members to do exactly what they are supposed to. This for both the welfare of other players, as well as other staff members. These are some of the qualities we look for.
To become a moderator, you must be...
- Honest. Simply put, don't lie. It's easy for us to tell
- Mature. We don't base anything off of physical age, it all has to do with how mature you act. If you act like a mature, intelligent human being, then you've got a pretty good shot at making it here. If you act like an ape that's hyped up on kool-aid, well...Let's just say that your chances are slim.
- Helpful. We're always looking out for players who help out everyone else, whether they be new to the server, new to minecraft, or even a veteran.
- Polite. If you're rude, we don't want you to represent our server, it's as simple as that. politeness goes a long way.
- Respectful. Our staff members respect all players, and we expect the same in return. If you disrespect any of our staff members, even the lower ranks, you will be punished. We will not tolerate any form of disrespect.
- Responsible. Responsible players are always aware of what is going on, know and obey all of the rules, and take care of any issues that they have with as little friction as possible. This means only submitting tickets and bug reports that are relevant issues.
- Literate. Our mods are expected to use (mostly) proper grammar in order to clearly and effectively convey the message of the server, and to enforce the rules. For example, players using words such as "plz" "pls" "thx" "sry" or "butter" are generally not the players we want to become staff members.
- Intelligent. Moderators must be able to solve problems on their own, especially if there are no admins around to assist them. This may sound easy, but it can actually be very difficult, depending on the issue at hand. We expect all of our staff members to be able to handle almost any situation thrown at them.
Some questions you want to ask yourself if you think you're ready to be staff.
- Have I broken any rules? If you've broken more than 2 rules on our server, you are not eligible for a staff position.
- Do I get along with others? If you don't get along with other players, you will not make a good moderator, and we will probably not choose you.
- Do I play here often? We're looking for staff members that will be active. This means logging in almost daily, and playing for more than 10-15 minutes at a time.
- Have I ever been banned here? If you have been banned from our server for any reason, you are not eligible for a staff position. This is non-negotiable.
- Do I really want to be a staff member? Being a staff member here at GameOn365 Minecraft is hard work, and often consumes a lot of time. If you're not ready to devote your time and focus to the server, then you probably do not want to be a staff member. Plus it ruins the game for you.
What do I get to do as a staff member?
Though our staff members have special permissions and privileges, they are just like any other player. All of our staff members must abide by every rule, no exceptions. All gameplay must be fair, and we do not give our moderators advantages over other players. Moderators are not permitted to do whatever they please; they are not, in fact, gods.
They are simply here to make the game safe and enjoyable for all other players on the server, and if this means kicking/banning/muting etc. then it can and will be done. If a staff member is abusing you, please let an @Admin know immediately. Moderators are not exempt from being banned, and are certainly subject to removal of rank, if the admins deem it necessary.
Automatic exemption from consideration:
If you meet any of these criteria, you are automatically and indefinitely ineligible to become as staff member.
You will NOT be staff if:
- You have been banned on our server at any time
- You have more than 2 global bans from any banning services
- You have broken more than 2 rules on our server
- YOU HAVE EVER ASKED FOR A STAFF POSITION
- Other players frequently report you for abusive or immature behavior
So, what is the biggest determining factor in our selection of a moderator? It's simple: "Do we need a moderator?" If the answer to this question is no, then we will not be choosing one until a need arises. If we only have 10 players online, we really only need 1 staff member around. There would be no need for 4 out of those 10 to be staff.
Things to remember:
The things listed above are not the only thing things taken into consideration when choosing a mod. There are countless factors that our administrators analyze when evaluating and choosing players for a staff position. The points and requirements mentioned above are only a guideline to selection. Even players who are a perfect match for everything listed might not be chosen, because, remember; the decision is always up to Kumarin and Nick.
Posted by iDream on 20 May 2010 - 01:31 PM
Most image editing programs are commercial, and therefore require payment for use. However, trial versions are available and can be used all the same.
Adobe Photoshop CS4
Probably the professional graphic artists best friend. It can be a little confusing if you're a first time user, but hunt for some Photoshop tutorials using Google. These will introduce you to the various and wonderful things you can do in Photoshop.
Macromedia Fireworks CS4
An alternative to Photoshop with fewer options and filters, but more user friendly. Great for pixel art. Not as confusing as Photoshop, although you could find tutorials if that would help.
Commercial Product. Trial version
A free program for photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. I have not personally used GIMP, but it sounds like a great starting point, as it's free and tutorials can be found on their website.
Free Product. Downloads and tutorials at http://www.gimp.org/
Paint.NET is free image editing and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows. It supports layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.
Free product. Downloads at http://www.getpaint.net/
Tutorials and Help at http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/index.php
Canvas is more of a technical drawing application, however it can be used much like Photoshop of Fireworks.
Commerical Product. Download 15 day trial at http://www.download.com/Canvas/3000-...ml?tag=lst-6-1
Corel Paint Shop Pro
Formerly Jasc Paintshop Pro, it's basically a toned down version of Photoshop. A bit more user friendly, and it doesn't have all the really strong graphical features for designers, so it's well suited for begginers.
It has it's own in-built graphics and images to play with, so some good backgrounds can be made without having to go hunting for something to start with.
Commercial Product: 30-day trial available at http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1152796555406
Fractal Art Rendering Programs
I wouldn't recommend getting into these unless you're serious about your graphics. Fractal art is hard to explain. It's basically a math related form of art that makes some pretty sweet abstract graphics. Great for backgrounds.
This little program makes some nice random fractal flames (not fire flames, it's a fractal art term).
Free Product. Downloads and tutorials at http://www.apophysis.org/
This program supports all kind of fractals, unlike Apophysis. It can also produce solid 3D fractals. Some examples are on the main web page.
Free Product. Downloads and tutorials at http://www.btinternet.com/~ndesprez/
Resources are an essential for graphic artists. Here are a few for you to use.
An online community of graphic designers of all types. Anime, pixel, fractal, vector, etc. Not only does it showcase other people's work, but it also makes resources such as Photoshop Brushes, Patterns and Actions. As well as GIMP Brushes and Actions. Access these by clicking "Categories" > "Resources" > "Application Resources" from the menu.
These are the things you should be using the most. Remember to cite the rightful owners.
A great online font resource. Millions of fonts, all sorted into categories to help you find what you're looking for. I probably use this site the most.
A wide range of tutorials. A great database of Photoshop tutorials on animation, basics, design, effects and much more. This is a great place to start learning how to use Photoshop.
Posted by Nick Admin on 20 October 2013 - 04:36 PM
After an extended voyage overseas, the Monolith Expedition has finally made landfall! The crew named this mystic new land Shadowcrest, and they've found biomes like no others; treacherous caves, ruined cities, massive forests, desolate lava pits, arctic ice plains, great plains, and many more yet to be discovered. The Expedition now needs more great adventurers and explorers to continue their mission. Help them uncover more of this new land, ward off monsters, and begin building magnificent new cities!
- Virgilmitle likes this
Posted by Kumarin Admin on 21 February 2012 - 10:14 PM
- (The most obvious.) Be courteous. Respect your other players and the server administrators/moderators. Being polite and respectful will get you a long way here, and is always smiled upon.
- Do not grief. Do not troll. Do not disrespect other players. Enough said.
- Griefing is altering someone else's property without his/her permission. Stealing is also included here.
- Use common sense. I know it's a blast from the elementary school past but, treat others as you would like to be treated in return. As stated before, politeness will get take you far!
- Be creative! Don't let anything hold you back.
- I know it's a lot to ask, but please keep the language PG-13 rated. I can't put age restrictions on the server, or censor out cursing, so please, keep it clean.
- Please be respectful of others' creations, even if you don't like it.
- Have fun and enjoy your stay on our server! We want everybody to enjoy their time spent in-game and make the most of the time that you're wasting playing Minecraft!
- Op privileges
- Op assistance
- Creative mode
- God mode
- Free items
- Free currency
- Permission to grief
Vote for GameOn365's Minecraft Server
(You will receive in-game rewards for voting on certain sites.)
- Kumarin (Admin)
- Warradin (Admin)
- NickG365 (Admin)
- Selskorr (Mod)
- E0z117 (Mod)
- Izzac13 (Mod)
- Rochambeau88 (Mod)
- xChriscraft (Mod)
- Spontaniousity (Mod)
Thank you and enjoy your time here!
- Afrewkart likes this
Posted by Rowro on 13 May 2011 - 10:23 AM
Before that the last game I bought was World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
Posted by Savvy on 03 May 2011 - 08:23 AM
Welcome to GameOn365! Please let us know if you ever have any questions and we'll be happy to help. We look forward to getting to know you. :)
Will do, Nick. Thanks a lot for the warm welcome. I'll see you around. :)
By the way, you did a good job with the forum. You've modified IPB nicely. Well done.
Posted by Zawazuki on 18 March 2011 - 04:46 PM
Download the game for free (legally) here: http://www.uo.com/uoml/downloads.shtml
Has anyone here ever played Ultima Online before? If you haven't you should definitely try it out.
Posted by Target Practice on 02 December 2010 - 08:55 AM
I have a few more suggestions too, but I'd rather not make those in public. If you're interested, send me a PM. :)
Anyway, enjoying the site so far. :)
Community Forum Software by IP.Board
Licensed to: Stormjive Interactive